1. Understand that God anoints you for trouble. Be sure you are a
Put on the armor of God before going to work.
2. Don't expect to be appreciated. Your only expectation should be to get
a paycheck. Don't come to work to have personal relationships. Don't allow
what you do to affect who you are.
3. Do your job well, but remember your mission. God put you there to be a
4. Seek opportunities to change the atmosphere without commenting on the
problems. You have a God to talk to. You're on an assignment. In quietness
and competence shall be your strength.
5. Don't let your environment get inside of you. You should influence it,
not let it influence you. Stop going to work to be fed- you didn't come to
receive, you came to give.
6. Increase your capacity to work with different personalities. God will
often bless you through people you don't even like!
7. Remember where you are does not define where you are going. This will
deliver you from frustration. God has a plan for your life. Keep your eye
on the prize. When Peter did this, he was able to walk in what other
people sank in!
8. Get the optimum results with minimal confusion. Be effective without
making the environment worse.
9. Don't be associated with one group or clique. Labels limit your
usefulness. God wants you to work with everybody but be labeled by nobody.
Use all your gifts.
10. Always keep your song near you. Keep a consecrated place in your soul.
Hold on to your praise.
-points from T. D. Jakes